U's to launch U9's Elite Development Programme
Oxford United Women are holding trials for girls under 9 to join their elite programme
Oxford United Women's development programme offers under 9s an opportunity to train in a team environment, improving both individual ability and technical and tactical knowledge of the game and is the first stepping stone into playing RTC football.
The programme aims to recruit girls U9's that are currently playing within a team.
The programme comprises:
• 36-week term-time training syllabus mirroring U10's
• Games programme vs other elite U9's development programmes. 3-4 games a year
• Coaching delivered by FA-qualified coaches at level 2 (minimum) and youth modules
• The chance to represent OUWFC.
Players can participate in the programme while continuing to play for their grassroots clubs.
Age Group Eligibility for Trials
The eligible age groups and cut off dates for the different age groups run from the 1st September each year to align with school years.
U9s Development Squad - (School Years 2 & 3) Players born from September 1, 2009 - August 31, 2011
Trial Dates - to take place at The Oxford Academy School, Sandy Lane West, OX4 6JZ.
U9's - 9am-11am , Saturday 2nd June
- 5pm-7pm , Tuesday 5th June